Spalding County Justice of the peace Courtroom held preliminary hearings Tuesday, June 29 in the Justice of the peace Courtroom of the Spalding County Jail.
Below were the situations on the routine (identify of defendant, expenses, and rulings by Main Magistrate Choose Rita Cavanaugh):
• Daniel Ian Landrum. Aggravated assault-intent to murder (felony), possession of firearm/ knife in the course of commission of a crime (F), aggravated assault with a lethal weapon (F), possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (F), Violation of Georgia Managed Substances Act-methamphetamine possession (F), VGCSA-intent to distribute methamphetamine (F), VGCSA-marijuana possession considerably less than 1 ounce (misdemeanor), and VGCSA-possession and use of drug-similar object (M). Cavanaugh added the next rates — an additional cost of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, an additional demand of possession of a firearm/knife during the fee of a crime, and kidnapping. All rates bound above to Exceptional Court, no bond.
• Joshua James Harrison. Trafficking in cocaine, illegal prescription drugs, cannabis, or methamphetamine (F) use of communication facilities in drug transaction (F) Violation of Ga Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (F) receipt, possession or transfer of firearm by convicted felon or felony first offender (F). Waived preliminary hearing with $50,000 consent bond on the following disorders — no alcoholic beverages/unlawful prescription drugs, no firearms/ammunition, no new crimes, and no get hold of with co-defendants.
• Jamarcus Diondre Prather. Fighting in a community put/affray (M), two counts of aggravated assault car/gun (F), 1st diploma legal harm (F), possession of a firearm in the course of the commission of a criminal offense (F), reckless carry out (M), violation of Ga Avenue Gang Terrorism Prevention Act-unlawful acts (F), and illegal for man or woman to dedicate offense with intent to acquire/earn membership/retain/raise position in avenue gang (F). Continued to July 6.
• Ty’liq N. Pate. Two counts of theft by receiving firearm (F) and two counts of tampering with proof. $20,000 consent bond with the subsequent ailments — no alcoholic beverages/illegals medication, no new crimes, and no firearms/ammunition.
• Isaiah M. Trice. Two counts of theft by getting firearm (F), two counts of tampering with proof, 4 counts of possession of pistol or revolver by human being beneath 18 very first offense, and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor (F). Waived preliminary listening to. $35,000 consent bond with adhering to circumstances — no new crimes, no firearms/ammunition, no alcohol/illegal prescription drugs, and no contact with co-defendants.
• Stephen Huckaby. Two counts of aggravated stalking (F). Community defender. Bound around to Superior Court docket. Bond denied.
• Anthony Parks. VGCSA-cocaine possession (F), abandonment of sure risky medicines or controlled substances (M), VGCSA-methamphetamine possession (F), VGCSA-cocaine possession with intent of distribute (F), VGCSA-intent to distribute methamphetamine (F), two counts of tampering with evidence (F), obstruction/hindering law enforcement (M), possession of a firearm throughout fee of a crime though getting in possession of a controlled compound (F), and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (F). Demand of reckless carry out extra and the adhering to charges dismissed — VGCSA-methamphetamine possession (F), VGCSA-intent to distribute methamphetamine (F), and possession of a firearm during the fee of a crime (F). Sure in excess of to Remarkable Court, no bond.
• Bradford Brown. Aggravated assault-strangulation (F) and battery-noticeable hurt (M). Waived preliminary listening to. Consent bond reduction to $12,500 on pursuing situations — no alcoholic beverages/unlawful medication, no firearms/ammunition, no new crimes, and no call with sufferer.
• James Robert Thweatt. Getting into auto (F) and loiter-prowl (M). District Attorney’s Office environment dismissed entering vehicle charge. Loiter-prowl charge sent to Condition Courtroom.
• Byron Lamar Walker. Reckless perform (M), possession and carrying weapon with out license-next of subsequent offense inside of 5 a long time (F), possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (F), and obstruction/hindering legislation enforcement (M). Ongoing to July 6.
• Datavis Laire Williams. Aggravated assault-strangulation (F), aggravated assault-article (F), possession of a firearm all through the commission of a criminal offense (F), and violation of criminal famiy violence buy (M). Continued until eventually even more observe.
• Akeem Jabriel Joiner. Aggravated assault-strangulation (F) and prison trespass-damaging, destroying, or secreting home to defraud a further (F). Charge of prison trespass-detrimental, destroying, or secreting house to defraud a further (F) modified to prison trespass-harm (M). Bound around to Superior Court docket, no bond.
• Dewayne Edward Shields. Aggravated battery-disfigure (F) and theft by taking much less than $1,500 (M). Aggravated battery-disfigure charged minimized to misdemeanor. Scenario despatched to Point out Court.
• Ian Edward Steele. Aggravated assault-weapon (F). Community defender. $10,000 bond with next disorders — no call with target, no firearms/ammunition, and no alcohol/illegal medicines.
• Brenda Pritchard. Aggravated assault-weapon (F). Waived preliminary hearing.
• Kendrick Juan Smith. Crossing state/county guardlines with weapons, intoxicants, drugs with out consent (F) and possession by or supplying to inmate prohibited products (F). Demand of possession by or supplying to inmate prohibited items (F) certain around to Outstanding Court. Cost of crossing state/county guardlines with weapons, intoxicants, drugs with out consent (F) dismissed thanks to deficiency of probable result in.